5000 Horse Power on Methanol
Availability: In Stock
This 300+ page manual is the most comprehensive source about methanol for racing. Much of the content is applicable to nitro for racing, and racing gasoline as well.
*List $99.99 >> special offer: $69.99 per book.
*Recommended by Jim Kinsler of Kinsler Fuel Injection.
*Recommended by Jim Rehfeld, fuel injection expert at Enderle Fuel Injection
*Recommended by Brendan Murray of Performance Motor Sports.
*Recommended by Don Jackson of Don Jackson Engineering.
*Recommended by Pete Jackson Gear Drives of Pete Jackson Gear Drives.
*Recommended by Vern Tomlinson, Hilborn Fuel Injection
*applicable for all forms of racing that use methanol as a fuel including drag racing, jr dragsters, tractor pulling, Bonneville, boat racing, and go-kart racing.
*several hundred photos and illustrations of key concepts.
TECHNICAL INFO IN THIS REFERENCE:
POWER IMPROVEMENTS IN ENGINE & INTAKE DESIGNS
* carburetors & methanol with jetting examples
* mechanical fuel injection & methanol with jetting examples
* electronic fuel injection & methanol
* methanol in drag, circle track, & land speed racers
* methanol in boat drag, circle, & top speed racers
* effects of weather on air density & methanol power
NORMALLY ASPIRATED RACING ENGINES
* normally aspirated methanol & jetting examples
* air to fuel ratios of normally aspirated methanol
* normally aspirated intake runner size & fuel enrichment
BLOWERS & METHANOL
* superchargers & methanol with jetting examples
* air to fuel ratios of supercharged methanol
* turbocharges & methanol
* charge-air cooling & methanol
BLOWER BOOST & POWER
* why a high boost reading in a supercharged engine may be indicative of an engine cylinder head problem p. 9-71
* why the boost reading in a supercharged engine is indicative of the fuel split between hat & port nozzle and recommended fuel split ratios
BIG POWER FROM SCIENCE & TUNING THAT MONEY CANNOT BUY
* chemical dissociation before & during combustion affects power & backfiring
* effect of methanol enrichment on power making
* table of methanol engine compression ratios p. 9-69
* analysis of a 500 ci, 9,500+ HP engine on methanol p 15-132
* putting methanol into a racer with the fuel tank in the rear p. 6-51
* table of racing fuel weights p. 10-78
* various normally asp. & supercharged dyno power levels
NITRO & METHANOL
* air to fuel ratios of nitro / methanol mixtures
* nitro temperature info
* nitro fuel weight
* brake specific fuel consumption
* nitrous & methanol
* nitrous & gas with methanol
* ethanol details compared to methanol
* brake specific fuel consumption
* ethanol temperature info
* ethanol fuel weight
GASOLINE & METHANOL
* methanol engine dyno HP vs. gasoline engine dyno HP example p 6-49, 9-65
* gasoline details compared to methanol
* gasoline & methanol blends p 15-133
* why methanol has half the amount of heat energy than gasoline, yet why it makes more power
* how to tune for flame speed differences between methanol & gasoline
* air to fuel ratios of gasoline
* gasoline temperatures including vaporization & self ignition
* brake specific fuel consumption p 16-149
TEMPERATURE & METHANOL
* how engine temperature effects methanol engine power
* ideal intake manifold & engine temperatures for power
* why the methanol boiling point can be better in bracket drag racing than the gasoline boiling point for consistency p 9-75
* how to avoid power limits from methanol self ignition and hot plate ignition temperature effects
* cooling from methanol many times that of gasoline
METHANOL OCTANE & RACING POWER
* methanol octane characteristics throughout chapter 15
* knock in methanol p. 15-131
METHANOL INTAKE, COMPRESSION, POWER, & EXHAUST
(applicable to other fuels)
* intake cycle throughout chapter 18, 19, & 20
* compression cycle throughout chapter 21
* power cycle throughout chapter 22
* exhaust cycle throughout chapter 23
CURRENT & FUTURE: The presentation goes far beyond anything ever published for racing methanol. It is all about methods that are within current racing rules as well as innovations that are beyond.
INFO FOR ALL POWER LEVELS:
(1) Applies to various power levels & engine sizes from one half horsepower to 5,000 horsepower. Setups for EXTREME power levels on methanol.
(2) Information in the book is written around the 4 cycle engine. However, much of it applies to 2 cycle engines as well as rotary engines. Where the information applies to those designs is included as well.
We received feedback from many of our readers/racers. See what they have to say.
Key words: methanol, methanol fuel, methanol racing fuel, methanol for racing, nitro for racing, nitromethane for racing, nitromethane methanol, racing gasonline, gasoline for racing, high octane fuels, E85, racing fuel mixtures, air to fuel ratio.